Remedial Massage Toowoomba
Have you been experiencing muscular aches and pains? Do you suffer from arthritis, neck or lower back problems? These are just some of the symptoms that can be addressed with remedial massage.
Remedial massage is also effective in managing sports injuries and frozen shoulder, whiplash, spondylitis (stiff joints on your spine, neck and pelvis) and fibrositis (inflammation of connective tissue, usually in your back).
Whether you need a massage to address current pain, or use it as a preventative treatment, your massage therapist will tailor specific massage techniques that are effective for your body.
You may require massage for your entire body, or use specific muscle and tendon techniques to gently release problem areas commonly found in the neck, shoulders and lumbar regions.
Some techniques used during remedial massage might include:
- Myofascial massage to restore body alignment
- Scalp massage to release tension
- Trigger point therapies for sore knotted muscles
- Muscle energy techniques, a gentle method of releasing tight muscles and tendons
- Manual lymphatic drainage for detoxification process to treat Lymphedema, particularly after breast surgery.
Sports Massage Toowoomba
Contrary to its name, sports massage is suited to anyone who exercises, even those who do easy-going exercise like walking. It is designed to prevent and relieve injuries and conditions that are associated with exercise and can be quite vigorous to relieve stress and tension in the soft tissues.
This kind of massage can treat sport related injuries such as shin splints, tennis elbow, dance injuries, sprains and strains, corked thighs etc.
Some benefits of sports massage might include:
- Relieve swelling
- Reduce muscle tension
- Promote flexibility
- Relieve pain
- Prevent and treat injuries
- Increase blood circulation and lymph flow
Deep Tissue Massage Toowoomba
For more severe muscular congestion and pain, deep tissue massage works right into the muscle to detangle the individual muscle fibres, release toxins, get blood and oxygen circulating properly and relieve tension and pain.
Some techniques used during deep tissue massage might include:
- Deep muscle compression and friction along the grain of the muscle
- Breathing and movement techniques
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage Toowoomba
Manual lymphatic drainage massage is a gentle whole body treatment that relaxes the nervous system and aids the body’s immune system. This is achieved by manually moving the lymph from the glands at the neck, armpits and groin through the body.
Lymphatic drainage also helps to detoxify the body by transporting metabolic wastes, excess water, bacteria and toxins.
It is highly recommended for:
- The physically inactive
- On-going tiredness
- Excess fluids
- Lymphedema for example after breast surgery
- Those prone to sore throats, colds and infections and those with low immunity
- Swollen nodes.
Pregnancy Massage Toowoomba
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life.
Our pregnancy massage therapist, professionally trained with Pregnancy Massage Australia, aims to support the mother through her own body changes which may present as muscular aches, pains and anxiety. The specialised massage techniques used alleviates pain and discomfort, whilst also providing a sense of relaxation.
Some of the benefits of pregnancy massage are:
- Reduced back pain
- Reduced joint pain
- Improved circulation
- Reduced edema
- Reduced muscle tension and headaches
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved oxygenation of soft tissues and muscles
- Better sleep